About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The scope of the journal of the Teknologi Daya Gerak Study Program is based on Mechanical Engineering as a supporting science for defense equipment driving technology and supporting utilities to support the mobility of the TNI in exercises and wars in War Military Operations (OMP) and Military Operations Other Than War (OMSP).
The Editors welcome contributions to Teknologi Daya Gerak that fall within the following subject categories:
- Military Platform Design: Accommodate studies and developments in engineering planning and design, engineering science, system control, and maintenance of military devices and equipment (especially driving machine devices, drive control systems, terrain drive/propulsion systems)
- Material Design and Planning: Accommodating the study and development of science and technology in the field of material processing and the discovery of new materials based on nature (organic and non-organic) can be used for military or defense technology on mobile technology for the design of military devices, advanced material designs, and defense equipment models
- Model dan Control Design: Accommodate studies and developments in model engineering and control of propulsion systems, on military devices and equipment.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts submitted to this journal must follow the focus and scope, and author guidelines of this journal. The submitted manuscripts must address scientific merit or novelty appropriate to the focus and scope. All manuscripts must be free from plagiarism contents. All authors are suggested to use plagiarism detection software to do the similarity checking. Editors check the plagiarism detection of articles in this journal by using Turnitin software.
The research article submitted to this journal will be a double-blind review by at least 2 (two) or more expert reviewers. The reviewers give scientific valuable comments improving the contents of the manuscript. The final decision of article acceptance will be made by Editors according to reviewers' comments. Publication of accepted articles including the sequence of published articles will be made by the Editor in Chief by considering the sequence of accepted dates and geographical distribution of authors as well as a thematic issue.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself.
Jurnal Teknologi Persenjataan is published twice a year: Last date of June and December.
The editor is responsible for deciding which articles submitted to the journal should be published. Editors may be guided by the journal’s editorial board policy and constrained by the legal requirements that will be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism. Editors may consult with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluates a manuscript for its intellectual content regardless of the author’s race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, nationality, or political philosophy.
Editors and any editorial staff may not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the author, reviewer, potential reviewer, other editorial advisors, and publishers, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in the submitted manuscript may not be used in the editor’s own research without the express written permission of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and editorial communication with the author can also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unworthy to review the research reported in the manuscript or knows that immediate review is impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself or herself from the review process.
Any manuscript accepted for review must be considered a confidential document. They may not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is unwarranted. Referees should state their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgment of Sources
The reviewer should identify relevant published works that have not been cited by the author. Any statement that observations, derivations, or arguments have been previously reported must be accompanied by relevant citations. Reviewers should also call the editor’s attention to any significant similarities or overlaps between the manuscript under consideration and any other published papers of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosures and Conflicts of Interest
Special information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal gain. Reviewers may not consider manuscripts to have a conflict of interest arising from competition, collaboration, or other relationships or relationships with any author, company, or institution associated with the paper.
The author of the original research report should present an accurate account of the work done as well as an objective discussion of its importance. Basic data should be accurately represented in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient details and references to allow others to copy the work. False or inaccurate statements knowingly constitute unethical and unacceptable behavior.
Originality and Plagiarism
Authors must ensure that they have written the original work in its entirety, and if the author has used the work and/or words of others that this has been quoted or quoted accordingly.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not, in general, publish a manuscript that essentially describes the same research in more than one major journal or publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal simultaneously is unethical and unacceptable publishing behavior.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Due recognition to the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the work reported.
Authorship of the Paper
Authors should be limited to those who have made significant contributions to the concept, design, implementation, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. If there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.
Corresponding authors should ensure that all suitable co-authors and no unsuitable co-authors are included in the paper and that all co-authors have viewed and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors must disclose in their manuscripts any conflicts of financial interest or other substantive interests that may be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscripts. All sources of financial support for the project shall be disclosed.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his or her own published work, it is the duty of the author to immediately notify the editor of the journal or publisher and work with the editor to withdraw or correct the paper.
As a form of support for the implementation of scientific publications, Strategi Perang Semesta journal implements a scientific code of ethics in its publication. This code of conduct is a code of ethics used by the parties involved, ie editors, publishers, and reviewers. The code of ethics of this publication includes the value of impartiality, law, and honesty.
- Authors must ensure that they have written original works.
- Authors must ensure that the manuscript has not been issued elsewhere.
- Authors are responsible for language editing before submitting the article.
- Authors submitting their works to the journal for publication as original articles confirm that the submitted works represent their authors’ contributions and have not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works without clearly citing.
- Authors must notify the Journal of Strategi Perang Semesta of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must report any errors they discover in their manuscript to the Journal Strategi Perang Semesta.
- Any work or words of other authors, contributors, or sources should be appropriately credited and referenced.
- An author agrees to the license agreement before submitting the article.
All articles must be submitted using the online submission procedure.
- Editorial Board must ensure a fair peer-review of the submitted articles for publication;
- Editorial Board must disclose any conflicts of interest;
- Editorial Board must ensure that all the information related to the submitted manuscripts is kept confidential before publishing.
- Editorial Board must evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
- Editor in Chief will coordinate the work of the editors.
- Reviewers evaluate manuscripts based on content without regard to ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, religious belief, or political philosophy of the authors.
- Reviewers must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept confidential and must report to the Editor in Chief if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the author’s side.
- Reviewers must evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the works in a clear way in the review form.
- Reviewers must keep information pertaining to the manuscript confidential.
- A reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the Editor in Chief and excuse himself from the review process.
Strategi Perang Semesta journal will run plagiarism checks using Turnitin as a tool in plagiarism check for the submitted manuscripts before sending them to reviewers. We do not process any plagiarised content. If a manuscript has over 20% plagiarism based on the result of the Turnitin check, we will send back the manuscript to the author to be revised for the plagiarised contents. If you come across plagiarism, you need to refer it to concerned authorities who will deal with the situation.
Mostly, there are severe consequences. However, before you refer the plagiarized work to the authorities, make sure to go through the references in the text. As long as the author or source is credited with the work, it can’t be considered plagiarism. A plagiarized text does not refer to the borrowed excerpts from other sources.
Another example of a work that is not considered plagiarism is any ghostwritten content for someone else. This is when someone asks someone else to write a book on their behalf by paying them. In this case, the actual writer has no rights to the finished product, giving the copyright and credit to the person who bought it from the writer.
This is a perfectly legal situation involving both parties involved.
Universitas Pertahanan RI